Bisexuelle Wifesharer
1196 Mitglieder
Das Thema ist für dich interessant? Jetzt JOYclub entdecken

Barbie - if you’ve seen it come on in.

*********life Frau
222 Beiträge
Themenersteller 
Barbie - if you’ve seen it come on in.
Spoiler alerts so don’t continue reading if you’ve not seen the movie.

I was not a Barbie Fan growing up and at first had zero interest in seeing this other than Margot Robbie is in it and I could happily watch her do anything for hours.

With all the hype, I decided to see it and quite happy I did. About 10 minutes in I was skeptical and thinking about the exit until things took a turn.

I found it quite cleaver and cheeky with the reverse roll playing.

High point was same as most with America Ferrera’s speech. I’ve not met a woman who could not relate to at least one line in that rant.

I’m curious (from those that have seen it) what your thoughts are on the rant, dolls missing parts and Alan.
******ess Mann
337 Beiträge
I sure did continue reading despite the Spoiler alert warning 🤣.
I've not seen the movie yet, but 'am curious 'cause it had lots of cool and uncool buzz around it.
I liked the movie but can't really understand the hype about it. I would have been happy enough to watch it anytime at home. The role reversal was quite funny and the ending. Did anyone find out if Allan really existed?
*********life Frau
222 Beiträge
Themenersteller 
Alan was an actual doll that did not sell well. I hope he finds his way to reality like Barbie. 😁
*********rlust Paar
312 Beiträge
I watched the movie because my daughter and husband wanted to take a trip down lane "nostalgia". I do not remember the Alan scene you are referring to here. Maybe somebody can give me a hint?

In general, I have to say that my daughter and I had some lengthy discussions on the message of the movie, which I felt was too obvious and carried more by conversation rather than appearing cleverly embedded through the plot. So my verdict was, this is really a message I do not need to get stuffed down my throat.

I do not regret watching it though, because for one, we watched it in a drive-in theatre, for second I actually now have an informed opinion on it. *witz*
*****469 Paar
103 Beiträge
My wife and I watched it together in a date night. We both found it to be a good fun movie. I thought the very end was great and well done. It was cheeky with same great one liners and LOL moments. The Beach Off discussion was great. It was worth the date night before going to see another couple for more adult things!!!
*********life Frau
222 Beiträge
Themenersteller 
Zitat von *********rlust:
I watched the movie because my daughter and husband wanted to take a trip down lane "nostalgia". I do not remember the Alan scene you are referring to here. Maybe somebody can give me a hint?

In general, I have to say that my daughter and I had some lengthy discussions on the message of the movie, which I felt was too obvious and carried more by conversation rather than appearing cleverly embedded through the plot. So my verdict was, this is really a message I do not need to get stuffed down my throat.

I do not regret watching it though, because for one, we watched it in a drive-in theatre, for second I actually now have an informed opinion on it. *witz*
I’m guessing you are the male of the couple you are listed in?
*********rlust Paar
312 Beiträge
Zitat von *********life:

No, just the opposite! I am in a very traditional couple relationship- structure: my husband is male and I, the wife, female - biologically and by self- identification 😎
*********life Frau
222 Beiträge
Themenersteller 
Zitat von *********life:

No, just the opposite! I am in a very traditional couple relationship- structure: my husband is male and I, the wife, female - biologically and by self- identification 😎
thanks for answering. You did say you went with your husband and I missed that. It’s interesting to read that point of view from a woman. Thanks for sharing.
*********rlust Paar
312 Beiträge
Well, I actually remember holding my first Barbie around the age of six. I was actually shocked at the hard cold feel of the plastic, the elongated legs, and rather unrealistic body shape, because I had never seen a real woman like that. My mom hated Barbie dolls for that reason and she certainly had not given it to me. I played with Barbies for a little while and then lost interest. I did the same with my daughter when she came into the “ Barbie” age- alerting her to the ridiculous body shape and coldness of the doll. So I guess another problem I had with the Barbie movie was that it felt a little like a cheap apology for all the damage “ Barbie”has caused for the female self- image.
I think Ken's song is awesome. And I got a t-shirt from colleagues saying "I'm kenough"
I laughed my ass off at the "long term causal no commitment girlfriend " and the "dojo MOJO casa house" that I pasted that on my office
Anmelden und mitreden
Du willst mitdiskutieren?
Werde kostenlos Mitglied, um mit anderen über heiße Themen zu diskutieren oder deine eigene Frage zu stellen.